- This competition (the “Competition”) is a competition organised by The Old Shire Hall . No purchase is necessary to enter or to win the Competition and any purchase made will not increase the chance of winning.
- This Competition will run from 16:00 hours on 24 January 2019 until 17.00 hours on Sunday 10th March (the “Closing Date”). .
3. By entering this Competition entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). The details of the Competition form part of these T&Cs. Entrants should retain a copy of these T&Cs for reference. Any invalid entry or breach of these T&Cs may result in a prize being forfeited, at The Old Shire Hall’s sole discretion.
4. To participate in this Competition, entrants must meet the following requirements (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- reside in either the United Kingdom; and,
b. be 18 years of age or older; and,
c. be genuinely looking for a wedding venue for their own wedding.
How to Enter
- Every person who meets the Eligibility Criteria should pre-register on Eventbrite for the Old Shire Hall Wedding Experience Day https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/warwick-wedding-experience-day-2019-warwickwed19-tickets-55271347087 and attend the day in person, registering their arrival. The winner will be selected at random from all of the valid entries by an online name picker.
- An entry will not be deemed complete unless the following information is provided through the online entry form;
- the entrant’s name;
b. a valid email address.
- The Competition may not be entered on behalf of anyone else, it must be the entrant that is going to be getting married. There is only one entry allowed per person i.e. two per couple; no bulk or third party entries shall be accepted. Should a false name be used, the entrant will be disqualified.
- The Competition is not open to: The Old Shire Hall Warwick County Council staff, its employees or contractors, third parties involved in the Competition, their families, agents or anyone else in any way professionally connected with the The Old Shire Hall Estate or this Competition.
9. The Old Shire Hall does not accept responsibility for any entries which it fails to receive due to in errors in transit or transmission.
- The winners will be selected in an entirely independent manner from all of the valid entries received before the Closing Date.
- There is only one prize: it is the non-exclusive use of The Old Shire as a wedding venue for a day (the “Prize”) in 2019 or 2020, strictly subject to its availability and these terms. The wedding date needs to be booked by 1st June 2019. It should be noted that The Old Shire Hall is booked for weddings a long way in advance and the sooner winners are able to agree upon a date the more likely they are to find that that date is still available.
- The Prize is for the use of The Old Shire Hall as a venue only, winners are not obliged to host a party with drinks and catering, but if they would like to provide their guests with food or drinks, then they must purchase the drinks and catering through The Old Shire Hall, in accordance with our standard wedding terms and conditions.
- Entrants now accept that should they win the Prize, the Prize will be provided to them on the standard terms and conditions for weddings within The Old Shire Hall, and on the basis that they abide by the House Rules – both of which are available on request and will be provided to them after they have won.
- When used as a wedding venue it should be noted that The Old Shire Hall has a strict total capacity of 280 guests for the ceremony and a maximum of 280 for an evening reception, and any wedding reception must have ended at 11:30 with a carriages time of midnight.
- The Old Shire Hall will make reasonable efforts to notify the winner(s) of the Prize using the email provided on the Eventbrite pre-registration than 17th March 2019 i.e. one week after the competition ends. The Old Shire Hall is not responsible for email addresses recorded incorrectly. If having made those efforts it is not possible to contact the winner, The Old Shire Hall reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next valid entrant randomly selected. Any reselection will be undertaken in the same manner and accordance with these Terms.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The Prize is only redeemable by the named winner and their partner.
- The surname of the winner(s) will be obtainable for three months from the Closing Date by writing to: Wedding Competition (Winners Details Request), The Old Shire Hall, Northgate Street, Warwick. CV34 4SP. United Kingdom.
- The Old Shire Hall reserves the right to withdraw, change or cancel the Competition at any time. The Old Shire Hall’s decision in all matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Old Shire Hall, including its officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents, excludes all liability for any losses and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- In consideration of being awarded the Prize the winner may be required by The Old Shire Hall to take part in publicity related to the subject of the Competition and confirms that they will take part in such publicity. Such publicity may include, without limitation, use of the entrant’s name, a wedding photograph (which they will provide on request) and statements made by the entrants concerning the Competition and/or the Prize. You now provide The Old Shire Hall with a right and licence to use the wedding photograph on The Old Shire Hall website, and throughout The Old Shire Hall’s social media channels.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third-party social media website upon which it may appear or be linked to, and by entering the promotion you agree that you will make no claim against such a website in respect of it.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.